Bibliography Art and Life
These texts all concern the place of aesthetics in our lives in one way or antoher. Think of the aesthetic value realised in good character, in good urban planning, in one’s personal style, of the ugliness of consumerism, etc.
This bibliography is associated with the reading group on The Aesthetic Life.
- Jun’ichirō Tanizaki 1977 , In Praise of Shadows. Thomas J. Harper and Edward G. Seidensticker (trans.)
- Walter Pater (1868), From ‘Poems by William Morris’, in The Aesthetes: A Sourcebook. Ian Small (ed.) Routledge. pp. 18-21.
- Walter Pater, ‘On Style’ in The Aesthetes: A Sourcebook. Ian Small (ed.) Routledge. pp. ????.
- Audre Lorde 1984, ‘Poetry is not a Luxury’ in Sister Outsider: Essays and Speeches. New York: Quality Paper Book.
- Irvin, Sherri (2010). Aesthetics as a Guide to Ethics. In Robert Stecker & Theodore Gracyk (eds.), Aesthetics Today: A Reader. Rowman and Littlefield. pp. 370-377.
- Yuriko Saito, ‘Consumer Aesthetics and Environmental Ethics: Problems and Possibilities’ The Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism 76:4 Fall 2018